Our Organic Reishi Mushroom Extract Powder
The wild Ganoderma lucidum grows on wood. In order to get rich in bioactive components mushroom extracts, the first thing we need is to get mushroom fruiting bodies that have been grown either on wood or wood rich substrate. (more details on this topic – check out our youtube channel). Most of the mushroom producers actually grow mushrooms on grain substrate due to the lower cost. However the end result of the products massively differ from the wood cultivated species. We use organic Reishi fruiting bodies to produce our potent extracts powders. All of the Reishi mushrooms grows on Duanwood (Linden tree) logs.
Often referred to as ‘the herb of immortality’, ‘king of mushrooms’, ‘queen of mushrooms’ and so on, Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) is a great medicinal mushroom. In traditional Chinese medicine, where it has been used for thousands of years, it is considered a ‘superior’ herb, meaning it has lots of therapeutic benefits. Modern science confirms that Reishi indeed has a lot to offer. We believe it is its popularity that led so many researchers to investigate G.lucidum’s active components
As mentioned above there are two main types of bioactive compounds in Reishi: beta-D-glucans (type of polysaccharides) and triterpenes (aka triterpenoids). The glucans also may very, depending on their structure. What is important to remember is that mushrooms grown predominantly on grain substrate are rich in alpha glucans, but mushrooms grown predominantly on wood substrate are rich in beta glucans. What science has proven as most potent for our immune system beta glucans are the 1-3, 1-6 beta-D-glucans. To summarize:
- beta-D-glucans are class of polysaccharides
- polysaccharides may contain some beta-D-glucans, but not necessarily
- it is the 1-3, 1-6 beta-D-glucans that have potent effect on our immune system
If a mushroom containing product has a statement on its label that it contains a certain percent of polysaccharides, that does not automatically mean these polysaccharides are made up of beta glucans. This is why it is crucial to know the difference and make sure you get products that contain the actual active ingredients you want. Our organic Reishi mushroom extract powder comes with analytical data which proves its high content of bioactive ingredients.
- The triterpenes in Ganoderma lucidum also come from the use of wood as a substrate. Hence if Reishi has been cultivated on grain it will have little or no triterpenes.
A mushroom organism consist of two parts: mycelium (vegetative body) and fruiting body (aka mushroom).
- It is the mushroom fruiting body that contains high concentration of bioactive ingredients.
Why Our Mushroom Extract Powders?
Often on the description of mushroom containing products you can see the word ‘powder’. Mushroom powder means the mushroom fruiting bodies are dried and ground into powder. Such products have little or no health benefits. The bioactive components are inside the mushroom cells and without extraction they are not bio-available.
Some companies use mycelium extracts, which are incomparable to extracts from fruiting bodies in their content of 1,3-1,6 beta-D-glucans, triterpenes and other bio-active compounds.
Also on labels or product descriptions you can see the word ‘ratio’. Often companies use this misleading term to advocate for quality of their products. But it is simple – it is only matters the content of bioactive ingredients that . It is these tiny compounds inside mushroom cells that we really want, not mycelium powders, mushroom powders or acclaimed ratio used.
- Sustainably harvested wood logs (Duanwood) for the cultivation of our potent organic Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) fruiting bodies.
- We use only the fruiting bodies (not the mycelium) for our dual (water and ethanol) extracts.
- Rich in bioactive compounds, organic certified mushroom extract powders (not mushroom powders).
- And we always state the guaranteed minimum content of actual active ingredients on our labels.
How to take our Reishi mushroom extract powder
- We only offer high potency organic certified medicinal mushroom extracts. They are rich in active ingredients and are very easy to take.
- Our suggestion is you start with 1-2 grams per day and see how it feels.
- When buying our organic certified mushroom extract powders you actually get a lot for your money. A standard capsule would only contain 350-400 mg of extract. Hence 2 grams of our extract would be the content of 5 capsules of 400 milligrams!
Some people like to take the mushroom extracts straight into the mouth and swallow with water or any other liquid.
- Others like to put them into shakes or smoothies, hot drinks or even breakfast cereals. As it usually feels different from person to person, we encourage you to explore and find what works best for you.
Mushroom Extracts and Contraindications
One common thing about medicinal mushrooms is that they offer an incredibly wide range of health benefits and usually have no adverse effect. However, just like any other concentrated food product, the experience may vary from one person to another we suggest you monitor yourself. In case you experience an adverse effect – please stop taking the extract. Remember – you know your body better than anyone else and it is your privilege to care for yourself!
- The above listed information is purely for educational purposes.
- Please consume our products along with healthy and balanced diet.
- None of our products is meant to prevent, treat or cure a disease or condition.