Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 45 minutes Yields: 10 muffins
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup polenta
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of wild garlic pesto
- ½ cup soy yogurt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sun – dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp of Chaga extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a non-stick muffin tin with coconut oil or use muffin liners, if you prefer (I did that).
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion until soft and translucent then add 1 tsp brown sugar and caramelise it.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together flour, polenta, baking powder, salt, pepper, dried basil and Chaga extract.
- Add the remaining olive oil, pesto, soy yogurt, water, apple cider vinegar and sun – dried tomatoes to a large bowl and stir well.
- Mix in the caramelised onions.
- Transfer the mixture to the muffin tins, filling each hole about three-quarters of the way up.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before serving.